So New Years was pretty quiet here in Arad. Especially since the Jews have their own new year, I didn't even stay up until midnight, which was perfectly fine with me!
I finally made it to Masada, a national park that is basically within the backyard of Arad. It was fantastic because I just happened to catch a ride with a guy who worked there, so I not only got in free but he and his partner made me a little VIP pass to go on the cable car! I got hooked up! An adventure that would have cost me about a hundred shekels was FREE! So sweet! I really think God is hooking me up through these hitchiking experiences doused in prayer, particularly because I am having to get even more creative with the finances!
Well I am preparing to leave this home a week from Sunday and onto the organic farms I go. I am really excited about all that I will learn but a still a little nervous to feel even great depths of loneliness. But I am praying, hoping and believing for contentment and A LOT of joy!
I am struggling with the fact that baby Daniel has entered a new depth in my heart in the last couple of months, and now I am just leaving? How does one do this? Thankfully I will be coming to visit during shabbat once or twice a month. We've just grown quite the attachment to each other, and OH how I will miss coming home to him running into my arms with the widest smile full of laughter, and arms spread expentantly ready for a full embrace. GAH!!!
So I haven't really shared the full reason as to why I am SO drawn to go work on these farms and learn as much about agriculture. So I will have to take the time to put that on a post of it's own as I have to head out the door now.
" hi this is Randy! I stole the computer from sarah palin, bye"
yeah he really wanted to add something to this blog. He is definitately in the role of a little annoying brother, even though he is 21, but I guess that is still little. Definitately makes things a little more fun at times (ha! as he is repeatedly tapping me on the arm to leave)!
farewell for now...
Saturday, January 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment