Monday, October 10, 2011

today.

today, I am teaching a young girl in my math class how to appreciate dark chocolate. It is precious.

today, I notice while studying how the moisture from the ocean dampens my papers, and I smile. Pictures of the ocean come to mind, the sensation of movement, floating over waves comes to my body, the joy of riding them to shore.

today, I am learning about fallacies within writing; I am learning how to identify when a conclusion is based on insufficient evidence, doubtful cause, double meaning, or is based on superstitious beliefs, or is made in grammatical error, and much more. Some of these fallacies are called Non Sequitur, Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc, Red Herring, etc. Who comes up with these labels? It helps my understanding to write about these things that are difficult to bring into every day life.

today, I am at peace with the madness around me.

today, I have peace of mind; I am able to think one thought at a time, each one connected to the next. Rather then the jumbled mess I've known too well lately. You know those times when there are too many thoughts shooting in too many directions at one time, not one is connected to the next, or at least it feels that way.

today, I am living the truth: even when you cant afford the time to rest, you can't afford the time not to rest.

today, today is all I have.

No comments: