Ahh where do I begin?
So the first farm I went to was such a sweet, peaceful, refreshing time!
I worked on some projects around her farm like putting a roof on her barn, windows in the space where her volunteers stay, picking and peeling oranges, weeding etc. This lady is all out organic. She leaves the doors and windows upon all the time encouraging being one with nature. At first it was uncomfortably cold considering it is the dead of winter, but as I adapted I found it incredibly refreshing and rejuvenating in the freezing early mornings!
She also had about 5 huge banana trees, with the most beautiful tropical flowers. I couldn't stop touching this unique flower, such a firm unique blossom. Even weeding was therapeutic, especially when the winds picked up and nestled through the long grass and weeds. Heaven to my ears. Yeah I just want to be a farmer, or botanist, or at least have my own abundant garden.
The second farm has been funny. This guy definitely just grows this organic vegetables for a living. It's a major bachelor party house and I am surprised I have lasted two weeks here. But everyone is incredibly warm and welcoming! I have been sleeping in a tent in the garden and absolutely love it. I am all about being one with the garden! Also he has this huge Russian dog, I cant remember what type it is, but her name is Jeff and she has no ears. Jeff and I love to wrestle, though her kisses are a bit painful as she jams her mouth into my face. That is another dream come true, coming home to a huge dog tackling me! YES!!! Dani (the owner) says when she has puppies he'll mail me one, ahhhh that would be so incredible!
So this last shabbat God really led me to Calvary Tel Aviv and it turned into such a blessing! Met and connected with a lot of great people. I may help with the ministry that is trying to get prostitutes off the streets here in Tel Aviv this coming week. As well as an outreach and woman's conference this weekend. The fellowship has been really refreshing considering some of the places I have been staying.
Oh and I shaved my head, and I've decided to be vegetarian since leaving the foster home.
HA! yeah this has definitely been a life changing journey! So Good!!!
Friday, February 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
i want to see a picture!
Post a Comment