So yesterday on a long walk the Lord began to talk to me about the 1 1/2 year old here, Daniel. Every night since I got here he awakens countless times throughout the night screaming. It is not just crying, and it is not like it builds into a scream, but that he awakens screaming. This immediately told me he was being tormented by something, whether it was emotional or spiritual I did not know. As days past I became more aware of the fact that about every couple of minutes he was crying, screaming or intensely whinning, literally. Some might think this is normal but it was like I could hear he was trying to communicate something but no one was understanding. So I just kept listening and asking different questions about Him, His father is abusive, getting out of jail in a couple of weeks and both of his parents are pretty serious alcoholics.
Anyways, this youngin' after these couple of weeks of watching and listening got so heavy on my heart I couldn't wait to get home and pray for him, to be with him and play with him. Which has not been the case since I got here. It actually has been pretty hard for me to feel a genuine love for this little one to my own surprise. So I heard the Lord prompting me to sleep beside him through the night, to be there to pray for him before and as he awakens. The verse "He gives rest to His beloved" came really strongly to mind and heart, like I was to speak it over him.
So it turned out that the baby ended up sleeping with me that same night all this flooded my heart because Moshe, one of Polly's sons had to use his room in the middle of the night. And it very well may be that he stays with me from now on, which REALLY excites me because so much is flooding my heart for him. This morning when he awoke there was a sweetness to him I haven't seen before. Then tonight Abby and I, the other girl that helps here, prayed for him for awhile at a park. When I got home Polly mentioned how he was in a good mood all night! This little boy is never in a good mood! Atleast not from what I've seen in the last three weeks. Anyways, this makes me really happy! Like really seriously happy! But please keep this in your prayers as I feel there is a battle ahead and we need covering.
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hi...just visited your blog for the first time..it's Erev Yom Kippur and everyone has gone to bed. It's been a wonderful evening. We thought of you in the land and fight the envy rising up in our hearts. We love you. I love the way you write. You say what I think in my heart. Miss you and long for our long meaningful talks. Mamma J
Virgina,
This is dixie, anna's friend. Thank you for including me in your adventure by writing to me. I pray that God's mighty hand will be upon you as you minister to Him and through Him.
Post a Comment