So today a group of 60 Sudanese refugees, a few others and myself went on a bit of a tour from Capernaum, down to the waters of the Galilee and then over to Mt. Carmel to meet up with the other Sudanese Women and children.
I don't really get humans. So many tour groups were at Capernaum, to see where Jesus lived, where much of his ministry was with Peter and Simon I believe it was. I just don't think Yeshua would want us flocking and drooling over these places. I guess it connects different senses, to get a visual of the living conditions and see how He was truly amongst the poor, that was different. But the whole thing puts a bad taste in my mouth and a bitter hesitancy in my heart. I just don't think Yeshua would want us following around where He was, but more where He is and where He is moving...?
Anyways, I fell even more in love with the Sudanese children today. The story their eyes tell. I couldn't stop taking pictures of this one girl, Diasiem. I hope I can put a few of them on here. She was fixed on looking out the window. After looking into her eyes, I couldn't help but wonder what the world looks like through her eyes. She doesn't smile much, or maybe she just takes awhile to warm up...
My bubbles really came in handy with bonding and getting this group of children to open up to me considering I only had a day with most of them.
The Galilee was stunning! I experienced such an incredible fullness on this body of water. My head tried to rationalize that maybe it's because I've read about it so much in the bible, that I am just naturally romanticizing it. But my Spirit knew the truth. I've experienced many bodies of water, and all creation speaks of His Glory, but His presence resides in a tangible way here. A younger guy got baptised, that was pretty exciting! He was glowing for the rest of the day. I could just see the Lord's presence all over him! We sang songs including 'Jesus loves me' in Arabic on the water, as I got to cradle several children and was surrounded by more, felt pretty dream like. Oh man, and listening to them sing worship songs in their native tongue, with the African cry on the bus did wonderful things inside me!
I could write so much more, but I think that is it for now. It is time for bed...
I don't really get humans. So many tour groups were at Capernaum, to see where Jesus lived, where much of his ministry was with Peter and Simon I believe it was. I just don't think Yeshua would want us flocking and drooling over these places. I guess it connects different senses, to get a visual of the living conditions and see how He was truly amongst the poor, that was different. But the whole thing puts a bad taste in my mouth and a bitter hesitancy in my heart. I just don't think Yeshua would want us following around where He was, but more where He is and where He is moving...?
Anyways, I fell even more in love with the Sudanese children today. The story their eyes tell. I couldn't stop taking pictures of this one girl, Diasiem. I hope I can put a few of them on here. She was fixed on looking out the window. After looking into her eyes, I couldn't help but wonder what the world looks like through her eyes. She doesn't smile much, or maybe she just takes awhile to warm up...
My bubbles really came in handy with bonding and getting this group of children to open up to me considering I only had a day with most of them.
The Galilee was stunning! I experienced such an incredible fullness on this body of water. My head tried to rationalize that maybe it's because I've read about it so much in the bible, that I am just naturally romanticizing it. But my Spirit knew the truth. I've experienced many bodies of water, and all creation speaks of His Glory, but His presence resides in a tangible way here. A younger guy got baptised, that was pretty exciting! He was glowing for the rest of the day. I could just see the Lord's presence all over him! We sang songs including 'Jesus loves me' in Arabic on the water, as I got to cradle several children and was surrounded by more, felt pretty dream like. Oh man, and listening to them sing worship songs in their native tongue, with the African cry on the bus did wonderful things inside me!
I could write so much more, but I think that is it for now. It is time for bed...

No comments:
Post a Comment